33 East 74th Street integrates a collection of brownstones and a turn-of-the century townhouse to create a distinctive residential condominium. Originally built as nine brownstones by S.M. Styles in 1876 each building spent the next century writing its own story. Over a span of 25 years beginning in the 1960s The Whitney Museum assembled the portfolio of buildings but much had changed: the stoops along Madison Avenue had been replaced by storefronts when the Avenue was widened and the two easternmost brownstones on 74th Street had been replaced by the Atterbury Mansion. Today, using this expansive footprint, 33 East 74th Street writes the next chapter of these buildings’ history by creating apartments with the highest standards of modern living.